FISHING RESTRICTIONS TO PREVENT OBSTRUCTION TO NAVIGATION WITHIN
THE DOCKYARD PORT OF PORTSMOUTH
- Mariners are advised that the Queens Harbour Mater Portsmouth has
made the following General Direction under the Dockyard Port Regulation Act
1865 and the Dockyard Port of Portsmouth Order.
- No fishing from any vessel or by persons swimming under the water shall
be carried on within the limits of the Dockyard Port either within 100 metres
of the walls, slipways or boundaries of any Crown Establishment or 150 metres
of any of Her Majestys vessels.
- All fishing is prohibited in the approach channel and main navigable channels
(all such channels are defined in the DPPO) and the use of any form of static
fishing gear is prohibited in-
Fareham Creek, as far as Town Quay
The Approaches to Port Solent
Brick Kiln Lake
Wootton Creek, Isle of Wight
- South of the Harbour entrance in any area not shown on Admiralty Charts
as an area within which fishing is prohibited, unattended fishing gear in
respect of which a surface mark is employed must show a dan buoy or container
with flag, which must be fitted with a radar reflector and have the identity
of the laying vessel clearly displayed.
- In compliance with MCA guidelines (Marking of Fishing Gear). All fishing
gear should be set outside of all navigable channels. Any unmarked and unattended
fishing gear will be removed.
- Attention of Mariners is drawn to the Dockyard Port of Portsmouth Order
2005 Schedule 1. Regulation 8 (fishing), which remains in force.
- In accordance with Dockyard Port of Portsmouth Order 2005 Paragraph 6, failure
to observe this direction will constitute a criminal offence.
- Portsmouth LNTMs 41/05 and 32/06 are hereby superseded.